WiscWeb - Using the Akismet plugin to filter spam from comments
This plugin is not activated in WiscWeb projects by default. To request this plugin for your site, simply fill out the Customer Support Form (choosing the “Plugin Activation Request” option).
Akismet, by Automattic, is one of the most popular WordPress plugins for filtering spam comments added to posts on your site. It will allow you to choose how you want spam to be handled so that it never makes its way to your inbox and doesn't get posted on your webpages.
Using Akismet settings
Once the plugin has been installed on your project (by the WiscWeb team), follow these steps to review and update your Akismet settings:
- In your project Dashboard, hover over Settings and choose Akismet Anti-Spam
- The options available will appear in the settings box
- Update your settings based on your needs and then click the blue Save Changes button.
- Note: We recommend toggling on the following setting: "Silently discard the worst and most pervasive spam so I never see it"
- If you are still receiving spam messages after installing this plugin on your site, you may need to make your settings more strict. Navigate to the Akismet settings to review and update your permissions for the tool.