Approved Tuition Increases (CAVR Internal)
Originally posted 12/7/2018.
The Board of Regents recently approved increases for non-resident and professional program tuition costs.
Read the Chancellor's Blog for more information and talking points: https://chancellor.wisc.edu/blog/our-tuition-proposals-to-the-board-of-regents/
Additional Talking Points:
- UW-Madison’s tuition levels for non-resident and international undergraduate and professional schools are below the levels of peer institutions.
- The educational quality of UW-Madison is highly rated in national and international rankings; we have a responsibility to maintain this quality. Doing so preserves the long-term value of a Wisconsin degree for students and alumni.
- We recognize that increase can cause strains on finances for students and families—that’s one reason that this increase is modest and tied to increases in our costs.
- The request is part of a multi-year strategic plan for institutional financing: Chancellor Blank last came to the Board of Regents with tuition adjustment requests in 2015 and 2017.
- Wisconsin resident tuition remains frozen. Tuition for Minnesota residents will stay the same.
- The board may revisit the plan at any time in the future.
- Questions about affordability can be directed to Financial Aid: (608) 262-3060
- General concerns or feedback about the increases can be directed to the Chancellor's Input line: 608-890-0466