Webex Meeting: Best Practices as a Host
Being a host means setting up the meeting and running a Webex Meeting. Here are some tips.
Some information you may want to gather about a meeting you will host
• Topic for the meeting
• Date, time and approximate length
• Approximate number of participants
• If participants are not in the UW Madison Directory, gather Email addresses for remote participants
• Will you display the phone number- this is not toll free. And under settings when scheduling a meeting you can select VOIP only and the phone number will not be displayed.
• Use Outlook Desktop Application to send the invitation to a Webex Meeting. This will make it easier because the directory will find participants emails and put the meeting on their calendar.
• Send a reminder - If you wish to send a reminder the day of the meeting go to Participant, Invite and Remind
• Turn on Mute upon entry. From the menu bar select Participant, Mute on Entry
• Turn off, Anyone can Share if you don't want Participants sharing their screens and files. Go to Participant, Anyone can Share, if you find you can't upload a file into your Webex Meetings come back and turn on Anyone can Share.
• Do you want Entry and Exit Tones on? If not turn this off under Participant, Entry and Exit Tones.
• If you have over 15 participants having a "facilitator" on the Webex meeting will help make the meeting go smoother. A facilitator can alert you to chat questions you may miss as you are presenting or alert you to if your audio cuts out.