Instructions for reserving equipment on the CALS WHD Reservation System
CALS WHD Reservation System
The CALS Web Help Desk (WHD) Reservation System will take place of the ACS Reservation System on 12/21/18.
How to make a reservation:
1) Choose the desired asset(s):
- Using a web browser run out to: https://webhelpdesk.cals.wisc.edu . This is also the CALS ticketing system for reporting computer and web hosting issues.
- To view a listing of reservable equipment:
- Go to the Assets tab
- Select the Search box and be sure to check the Reservable Only check box
- Click Search
- A list of reservable equipment will appear. Several columns of information will appear. The Notes column will show a brief description of the item. The Reserve column allow you to select one or multiple devices to be reserved.
- Click the Reserve Checked box when ready to continue
2) Choose the desired timeframe
- After choosing the desired asset a calendar will appear.
- Click a date on the calendar. An entry will be created:
- Click and drag the title to move to another day.
- Click and drag the arrows on either side of title to extend the reservation over multiple days.
- Double click title to open a window to select specific times for the reservation.
- Click Save at the bottom of the window when done.