This document will address the issue of forms not sending in WiscWeb. There are a few possible reasons that this could be happening.
One of the reasons that forms are not sending is because the "from email" address is not set correctly in the form Notification Settings. When this happens, form submissions appear to go through but users are not receiving the submission emails as anticipated and an array error appears at the top of the screen:
In order to utilize Gravity Forms technology in WiscWeb, you must always set a specific "noreply" email in the "From Email" portion of the form settings. This must happen for each of the forms you own.
- In the Dashboard, navigate to Forms
- Hover over your form and choose Settings > Notifications
- Hover over the Notification and click Edit to edit your Notification
- In the From Email field, type "firstname.lastname@example.org" (without the quotation marks)
- Click on the blue Update Notification button to save your changes
- Repeat these steps for each form in your form list
Copy and Paste ErrorAnother common issue with the submission of Gravity Forms comes when users attempt to copy and paste information into their form. This can often carry over code that cannot be processed by the form.
If one of your users is having trouble submitting your form and the issue is not showing an array error like the one above, the issue might be that they are copying and pasting content in. Please request that they manually type in the content rather than copying and pasting.