This document guides you through the process of completing and submitting the TA Early Report for fall and spring semesters. This report is due each October and March.
Documents & Deadlines
- TA Early Report
- Deadlines for the 2019-20 Academic Year:
- October 11, 2019 (for fall semester)
- March 2, 2020 (for spring semester)
- Submit the spreadsheet via Box or email. Naming convention: Yourdepartmentname_EarlyReport_Spring 2020
- Box: Submit in the departmental Teaching & Learning Admin folder, TA_Graduate subfolder ("48-##00 TA_Graduate"). Please note, Box access is typically limited to chairs/directors and department admins.
- Email: Send to Amanda Mahr
- Instructions for completing the TA early report
- Contacts for L&S Administration
Detailed Instructions for the TA Early Report1. Departmental Details
At the top of the spreadsheet, indicate the following:
- Department name
- Your name
- Name (Last, First). TA name.
- Course. Course Assignment
- Appt Type. Indicate if the appointment is for a TA (teaching assistant), FA (faculty assistant) or UA (undergrad assistant).
- Funding. This is a dropdown list, and is populated by the ‘Funding’ table at the bottom of the pae. Add rows to that table for additional funding sources.
- Appt %. List the appointment % level.
- C-Basis Rate. List the full-time, C-Basis / 9-month rate.
- Gross Salary. This column is an automated calculation based on the ‘Appt %’ and ‘C-Basis rate’ fields. This calculation assumes that the appointment is semester-length.
- FTE. This column is an automated calculation based on the ‘Appt %’ and ‘C-Basis rate’ fields.
This table on the form is informational only; do not make changes. It shows the headcount and salary cost by appointment type based on the 'List of TAs, FAs, & UAs' table.
- This table includes some common funding sources (TA 101 budget, and summer revenue).
- You may add rows for other funding sources (e.g., 144 funding, departmental 131 funding).
- The ‘Salary’ column automatically calculates based on the ‘List of TAs, FAs, & UAs’ above.
- Submit the reports via Box; upload to the “TA_Graduate” subfolder in your departmental “Teaching and Learning Administration” Box folder
- Use the naming convention: Yourdepartmentname_EarlyReport_Spring 2020