WiscChat - Install and Configure the IM+ All-in-One Mobile Messenger Client
Important: the WiscMail team provides only best effort support for cell phones and other mobile devices. You can request support and we encourage you to send us feedback (bad or good), but we may not be able to solve your problems since we do not have any reliable ways to test every type of device.
Note: the menu items may vary based on the type of device you are using and OS version.
Install and Configure IM+ All-in-One Mobile Messenger
- Download and install the client using instructions on the Shape Services web site, or the client might be hosted on your device's application store.
- Use the following settings to configure IM+ All-in-One Mobile Messenger to access your account. From within Menu | Add, select "Jabber":
- Login: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: your account password
- Description (optional): WiscChat
- Host: wiscmail.wisc.edu
- Port: 5223
- Priority: 5
- Resource: IM+ Android
- Autoconnect on startup: check if you would like to start this app when your phone starts
- Use old-style SSL: check this box
- Click the Save or Save and Connect button.
- Within "Main" menu, select "WiscChat", then click Connect. It may take a minute or two before the connection is established and you see online Contacts.
To add a contact, click Menu, then click on Add Contact.
To chat with a contact, click on their name within your contact list.