My UW-Madison - Finding required textbooks for class using the Textbooks App
The Textbooks module in My UW-Madison allows instructors to enter required or suggested course materials (e.g. textbooks, course readers, etc) in MyUW. The Textbooks module is organized by department and sorted by course and section. Note that not all instructors use the Textbooks module, so data may not be available for all courses or sections.
Locating the Textbooks application
By default, the Textbooks app is accessible by students, instructors, and advisers. If the Textbooks application is not listed in your Home by default, then search for "Textbooks" in the search bar at the top middle of the screen, and click on the green "Launch" button.
Searching for course materials
To search for course materials in the Textbooks app:
Select a department from the scrolling list and select a term from the dropdown
Click Show Course List to show the courses given for that term and department. A new page will appear, as shown below. Note that courses with textbooks and other materials listed will have a beside them.
- Click the to expand the listing for the course you are interested in. Click the specific section for which you would like to view textbooks. Links include the section number, type of section (LECture, LAB, DIScussion, etc.) and instructor name(s).
Clicking a specific section link will open a new window and display the textbooks and course materials for that section, as shown below.
- Each entry has a date and time indicating when it was last updated.
- Textbooks with ISBNs may include a thumbnail picture of the bookâ€™s cover and links to external Web pages offering information about the item. The thumbnail pictures come from Google. The links open in separate windows and their content is the responsibility of their providers.
- Textbook data (title, author, publisher and ISBN), Special Instructions, and Course Materials are provided by the instructor for the course section. For more information, see My UW-Madison - Textbook information is missing or incorrect for a course.
- Special instructions may include links provided by instructors to external Web pages. These open in a separate window and their content are the responsibility of their providers. If a link appears incorrect, please contact the instructor.