Olbrich Botanical Gardens
email@example.com -- General Questions/Comments
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Gardening Questions
email@example.com -- Volunteer Services Manager (Marty Petillo)
(608) 246-4550 -- General Contact Information/Group Tours Reservation
(608) 246-4718 -- Recorded Event Information
(608) 246-4710 -- Growing Gift Shop
(608) 246-5805 -- Schumacher Horticultural Library (Gardening Questions)
(608) 246-5807 -- Volunteer Services (Marty Petillo)
*Outdoor Gardens Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas at 2 p.m., Christmas Day, New Years Day, and June 16th, 2018 for Rhapsody in Bloom
Daily 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
* Bolz Conservatory Closed: March 12-23, 2018 (for annual maintenance), July 16 & 17, 2018 (for Olbrich's Blooming Butterflies)
Growing Gifts Shop Hours
Daily 10 a.m - 4 p.m.
Schumacher Horticultural Library Hours
Daily 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
3330 Atwood Ave
Madison, WI 53704
Madison's Botanical Gardens, featuring 16 acres of specialty gardens paved with walkways and benches and Bolz Conservatory, a 50-foot glass pyramid filled with tropical palms, ferns, a rushing waterfall, fragrant orchids, free-flying birds and flowering plants. The Botanical Center includes a gift shop, library, meeting rooms, facility rental and exhibit space. Other features include self-guided tours; group visits, concerts and specialty flower and plant shows throughout the year, story times and science classes for children 3 to 12 years of age and a range of instructional classes for anyone at a small fee.
Outdoor Gardens: Free year-round
Bolz Conservatory: $2 for general public; free for children 5 & under and Olbrich Botanical Society members.
- *Note: Admission is free to the general public on Wednesday and Saturday mornings from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., except during Olbrich's Blooming Butterflies from July 16 through August 10.
- *Note: During Olbrich's Blooming Butterflies, admission for Bolz Conservatory is $7 for adults, $3 for children age 3-12, and free for children 2 & under and Olbrich Botanical Society members.
- A 45-minute guided tour of Olbrich's 16-acre display gardens
- Group Size: 10 to 25 people; groups larger than 25 people may request more tour guides to accommodate the group. No more than 50 guided guests can be accommodated
- Availability: 10 a .m. - 3 p.m.Mon to Fri, June through August (from September through May, arrange by special requested
- Fee: $5 per person, due upon arrival. Groups of less than 10 people are welcome to reserve a guided tour for a $30 payment
- Availability: 11 a .m. - 2 p.m. Tue-Fri, year-round
- Group Size:10 to 20 people; groups larger than 20 people may request more tour guides to accommodate the group. No more than 40 guided guests can be accommodated
- Fee: $5 per person, due upon arrival; groups of less than 10 people are welcome to reserve a guided tour for a $30 payment
- Availability: Mon-Sat 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Sun 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. year-round
- Fee: Free
- Availability: Mon-Sat 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Sun 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. year round
- Fee: $2 for general public, free for Children 5 & under and Olbrich Botanical Society members