SOAR / Student Orientation Advising and Registration / Center for the First-Year Experience
(608) 262-4707 -- SOAR Information Line (April-August)
(608) 263-0367 -- Center for the First-Year Experience (Sept-March)
Hours Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Fax (608) 265-3370
Center for the First-Year Experience
101 Ingraham Hall
1155 Observatory Dr
Madison, WI 53715
SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration) is for all new freshman and transfers attending UW-Madison, and their parents or other adult guests. Sessions are held during the summer, and January, so that students may:
1) meet with advisers to plan their academic program;
2) register for classes;
3) learn about university resources and campus life; and
4) meet UW students, faculty, and staff, and new classmates.
Students must register via the my.wisc.edu portal. Please see the SOAR website for complete details.
For employment information, please visit http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu/employment/index.php .