There are ways to speed up and streamline the IT Purchasing process. If the required information is all available in the initial request it can proceed immediately to the purchasing phase of the process.
Summary of process
- Fill out tangible property form
- Create email with links to specific items
- Email form and links to email@example.com & copy in radiology-UWMSFinance@uwhealth.org
- Indicate in email specific funding to be used or ask finance for that info
- Assuming adequate funding Radiology IT will determine if appropriate and then IT or Finance will purchase
- Delivery to your office or pick up from ours your preference
SMPH has changed the way purchasing and reimbursement occurs which is documented in the purchasing policies on the intranet.
First all request for technology whether they qualify as tangible property need to be authorized by Radiology IT prior to purchase using the Tangible Property Request form. Link
- Technology items that aren't tangible property still need the form filled out for purchase authorization we just indicate on the form that it isn't tangible property.
You don't have to be particularly precise on this form as their is limited space and we will have email documentation of the actual purchase. An example form click on the + to open image.
Send the form to both firstname.lastname@example.org & radiology-UWMSFinance@uwhealth.org
If possible include in your email links to the specific items you are looking to purchase. Preferred vendors are staples.com, b&hphotovideo.com, dell.com if none of those have what you are looking for newegg.com has a vast range of technical items. If you aren't sure what you want we are happy to consult with you to help pick specific items.
Specifically verify with Finance that you have the available funds and/or ask finance for the funding information if you don't know and finance can respond directly to both you and IT with the approval and funding information.
Radiology IT can then authorize the IT purchase and make the purchase or forward that signed form to finance or if we can't authorize the purchase a response to you about what didn't meet criteria for purchasing.
Once we have the item, vendor, verification of funds we order the item and have it delivered to us and then we will deliver it to your office or you can come to our offices to pick up depending on your preference.