WiscWeb - Redirection plugin setup
This plugin is not activated in WiscWeb projects by default. However, Administrators can activate it in the project by following the instructions in WiscWeb - Self service plugin activation / deactivation.
This plugin is primarily used for managing 301 redirects and keeping track of 404 errors. Users can easily set 301 redirects when moving their websites into WiscWeb or when they are just redesigning/restructuring their current WiscWeb site.
- Navigate to Tools > Redirection in the project
- Review the Start Setup instructions for how to use the plugin. When finished, click Start Setup
- In the Basic Setup window, choose whether or not you would like to monitor permalink changes and keep a log of all redirects and 404 errors. These options are unchecked by default and are not required. Only check them if you require these actions. When finished, click Continue Setup
- On the Rest API screen, you should see a line of green checkboxes appear when everything has been set up. When the button is available, click Finish Setup
- When the progress bar reaches 100%, click the Finished button
- Your project is now ready to have redirects added
Redirection is a WordPress plugin built by John Godley.
Additional documentation for the Redirection Plugin can be found on the vendor website.
- If you are having trouble with setup of your redirects, please notify the WiscWeb team via the Customer Support Form.