SWAP / Surplus With a Purpose / UW Surplus Services Warehouse
firstname.lastname@example.org -- general
email@example.com -- online auction
Phone (608) 497-4440 -- SWAP Customer Service
Fax (608) 497-4423
- Administrative offices: Monday through Thursday
- Sales to public: Tuesday 8 a.m. - 2 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. - 2 p.m., 2nd Saturday of every month 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Sales to state and local government agencies and schools: M-F 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., 2nd Saturday of every month 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Online auction pick-ups: Monday - Thursday 12 p.m. - 4 p.m., Friday 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Non-Profit Hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. - 2 p.m., 2nd Saturday of every month 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
1061 Thousand Oaks Trail
Verona ,WI 53593
SWAP is a multi-faceted surplus property disposal operation, and serves all UW-Madison departments and State of Wisconsin agencies located in the Madison area. SWAP regularly stocks computers, office supplies, desks, chairs, lab supplies/equipment, bikes, machinery, and more. SWAP has also sold horses, tractors, bowling alleys, pianos, athletic equipment and clothing, eye laser machines and much, much more.
SWAP collects over 20 tons of surplus material each week. Over 92% of those materials are either sold for reuse or recycled. In years past, much of this material was sent to the landfill (or collected by dumpster divers).
Current inventory is viewable online http://swap.wisc.edu/computers.htm
SWAP now also has an online auction, available at http://swapauction.wisc.edu/
Payment is accepted via cash, Mastercard, Visa or check only. SWAP does not have the ability to accept university or state procurement cards.