This document outlines the steps required to enable the Atomic Assessments tool in your course.
Atomic Assessments is available in every time-table and sandbox Canvas course, but it is hidden from the left-hand navigation bar by default. Follow the steps outlined below to unhide Atomic Assessments in your course.
- Click on Settings in the left navigation bar of your course Canvas page.
- Once in your course's settings, click on the Navigation tab.
- Then, find Atomic Assessments in the list of hidden items.
- Drag and drop Atomic Assessments into the upper section of enabled course navigation items.
- Alternatively, click on the 3 dots next to Atomic Assessments and select Enable.
- Please note that, when enabled, the Atomic Assessments item in the navigation bar is only visible to instructors. Students will not be able to see this navigation bar item.
- Once Atomic Assessments is enabled, click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Once you click save, the Atomic Assessments link will appear in the left hand navigation bar of your course. Click on Atomic Assessments.
- If this is the first time you are enabling Atomic Assessments in Canvas, you will be prompted to authorize the tool. To do this, click the Authorize button.
- You will once again be prompted to authorize the tool. Click Authorize.