WiscWeb - File size uploads to Media Library
This document outlines our recommendations for uploading files into the Media Library.
- Keep images below 300kb.
- Full-width images should never exceed 600kb.
- You should consider adding image compression to our uploads, if possible.
- Videos should never be hosted in the Media Library.
- You are encouraged to use YouTube, Vimeo, or Kaltura for video hosting.
- While it is possible to upload PDFs to the Media Library, we recommend that you host these files on Box.
- Note: there are several benefits to hosting PDFs on Box. See WiscWeb - Why we recommend UW Box for file storage for more details.
- WiscWeb - Using Media Library to add images or documents
- WiscWeb - Image sizing recommendations in the UW Theme
- WiscWeb - Using Photoshop to Crop Images
- WiscWeb - Why we recommend UW Box for file storage
- UW-Madison Box - Support Overview
- WiscWeb - HTTP Error in Media Library
- WiscWeb - Unexpected Response from Server Error