This document outlines the system requirements for the Perceptive Content desktop client EP2
NOTE:This document is currently up to date for the February, 2020, patch (7.4.x).
NOTE: Client Technical Specifications are not yet available for the August 2020 EP2 update.
The Perceptive Content Client Technical Specification documentation details no changes to client requirement with this EP1 v7.4.x patch.
- Operating System: Windows 10 (**this is a change from the previous client, EP1, which supported Windows 7 and 8.1 as well**)
- Processor: 2Ghz or greater, a dual core processor is recommended for increased performance.
- Memory: 2GB minimum, a scanner workstation's memory requirements may be dictated by the scanner manufacturer.
- Free Disk Space: 1GB. A scanner workstation may require more temporary storage space.
- Software Prerequisites:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642"
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 and C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (x86) (NOT x64 builds) - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
It is strongly recommended that workstations that will be patched using PEDS have .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed prior to the PEDS deployment. While PEDS will automatically install .NET Framework 4.5.2, this process can take hours when the client installation would otherwise take minutes.
The full Technical Specifications from the Hyland Perceptive Content Client EP2 follow.
Perceptive Content Technical Specifications
Perceptive Software offers several clients that run on a variety of environments, operating systems, and devices.
Perceptive Content Client
Perceptive Content Client is a desktop interface that provides access to all functions including document capture, indexing, viewing, workflow, and document control functionality.
Processor: Requires a 2.0 GHz or greater processor. A dual core processor is recommended for increased performance.
Screen Resolution: The required minimum screen resolution is 1024 x 768. A 1280 x 1024 SVGA screen resolution is recommended. Dual monitors are supported.
Scanning: For scanning, the Client machine must be either USB compatible or able to accept a SCSI expansion card based upon the interface of your scanner. For USB scanners, revision 2.0 is recommended. The scanner may require a faster machine, a specific operating system, or more memory than the Client. For more information about scanner requirements, refer to the manufacturer’s documentation.
Microsoft Windows 10
PEDS. If you use Perceptive Enterprise Deployment Suite (PEDS), note that PEDS requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
A dedicated, “always on” connection is required from the Perceptive Content Client to the Perceptive Content Server.
Minimum bandwidth requirements include:
• A 1.5 Mb connection is required. A 4.5 Mb connection is recommended.
• Scanning: For a scan station, a 100 Mb Ethernet connection is required and a 1 Gb Ethernet connection is recommended for best performance. A high-volume scan station in a WAN is not recommended.
Consult your scanner manufacturer for recommended memory options.
Scan stations may require more temporary storage space, depending on scanning volume.
Perceptive Content Client in a virtual desktop environment
A desktop virtualization or application virtualization environment requires third-party products like Citrix or Microsoft Terminal Services. These requirements can vary depending on whether the terminal server environment uses a server farm and how many users are in the farm. The following table shows typical recommendations for the Client in these environments.
|Hardware||CPU: 1 core per every 10 users is required. Note that certain tasks, such as printing and scanning documents increase CPU utilization.|
Citrix XenApp, version 6.5, 7.6, or 7.8
Microsoft Terminal Services
|Operating Systems||Microsoft Server 2012 or 2016|
|Accessibility||A dedicated, “always on” connection is required from the Perceptive Content Client to the Perceptive Content Server.|
|Memory||30 MB of available RAM per user|
|Disk Space||Requires the same disk space as an Perceptive Content Client installation, plus 5 MB per user in the application data (%APPDATA%) folder.|