OutReach LGBT Community Center
Phone (608) 255-8582 -- General Information
Monday-Friday 12 p.m.-7 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday closed, except for group meetings
2701 International Lane, Suite 101
OutReach's mission is to promote equality and quality of life for LGBT people. OutReach challenges social attitudes and institutional barriers that prevent full participation of LGBTs in society. OutReach combined 45 years of serving the lesbian/gay/bisexual/trans gender community and their families and friends through a merger of The United and Madison Gay and Lesbian Resource Center in 1998.Educational and informational services include:
- The Earl Greely Memorial Library--lends out books, has magazines and newsletters available.
- Support groups and coming out groups.
- Publication of a monthly calendar of activities and "The Directory," an annual guide to organizations serving Madison's LGBT communities (also available on their web page).
- Out Line, a peer support service staffed by trained volunteers who provide counseling, support and information and referral. Phone and walk-in service as well.
- Also: speakers bureau; employment listings; a housing board; and sponsors various support groups.