Microsoft offers Windows 10 Education for free to students at certain educational institutions. UW System students can access that software on the Campus Software Library on the Microsoft for Personally-owned Computers page.
- The Education edition has more features than the Home, Pro, and Pro Education editions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions#Comparison_chart
- Microsoft allows us to distribute only one Window 10 Education key to each student.
- You should receive your key via email within one hour of submitting your request on the Campus Software Library.
- If you've used the key to activate Windows on one computer and you want to change to a different computer, you'll need to contact Microsoft and ask them to reset the key. You can go through this page to contact them: https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/menu/software/windows/setup/
- If you receive an error during activation with your key, only Microsoft can help resolve that. Please go through this page to contact them: https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/menu/software/windows/setup/