Olin House / Chancellor's Residence
130 N Prospect Ave
Madison, WI 53726
Olin House is the official residence of the University of Wisconsin-Madison chancellor and serves as the setting for various university functions.
The home, which is 11,000 square feet, was built in 1911. Located at 130 N. Prospect Ave. in Madison's University Heights neighborhood, it was bequeathed in 1924 by John Myers Olin for the use of UW-Madison. If it is not used as the chancellor's residence, it reverts back to the J.M. Olin Trust.
John Olin, a Madison attorney and university Regent, received his law degree from UW in 1879 and married Helen Remington in 1880.
A privately funded, $2.4 million renovation of Olin House, completed in 2008, preserved the home for future generations. The project reorganized the space in the public and private areas of the home, added energy-efficient heating and cooling systems and replaced failing plumbing and wiring systems.
A picture of the Olin House can be found and searched for here: https://uwmadison-photos.photoshelter.com/index