Aspro/ Academic Staff Professionals Representation Organization
Phone 608-286-9599 -- ASPRO office
10 East Doty St.
Madison, WI 53703
Formed by the UW-Madison Academic Staff Assembly, ASPRO is a nonprofit organization representing academic staff to the Wisconsin State Legislature, the Governor, the Board of Regents and the public. ASPRO serves as the lobbying and public relations arm of the academic staff and is the only organization dedicated to serving the academic staff. ASPRO is not a union, nor does it negotiate or bargain terms of employment.
Its goals are to:
- Develop strategies for representing academic staff interests and concerns
- Advocate on academic issues with the Board of Regents, state and local government officials, and the general public
- Educate the Board of Regents, legislative bodies, state administrators, and the general public on the role of the academic staff
- Keep campus governance bodies informed on relevant issues under consideration
- Collaborate with administration, faculty, student groups, alumni associates, professional groups, and other organizations with similar concerns
ASPRO has worked to influence the legislative process primarily by directing the efforts of a part-time contract lobbyist. It seeks to involve ASPRO members and other academic staff directly in the lobbying process.