(608) 263-1893-- Brian Heller, Facilities Director
(608) 263-1900 -- UW School of Music
1160 Observatory Dr.
Madison, WI 53706
Designed by Arthur Peabody, the UW-Madison Carillon was originally dedicated in 1936 with 25 bells. Additions and replacements resulted in the current configuration of 56 bells ranging in size from 15 to 6,823 pounds.
The UW-Madison Carillon is one of three in Wisconsin, the others being at Marquette University in Milwaukee and First Evangelical Lutheran Church in Green Bay.
For further historical information:
- About Carillonneur Lyle Anderson: http://www.music.wisc.edu/faculty/lyle-anderson/
- Information from Lakeshore Nature Preserve website: http://lakeshorepreserve.wisc.edu/visit/carillon.htm