Project Leads and Administrators (Admins) will be guided through the steps of adding users to their Projects by means of the Project Roles function. This way, if a user needs to be added to a specific role, Jira Admins will not need to intervene, everything can be handled internally by Project Staff.
Is the User Brand New to JIRA?
Ask the employee who is brand new to JIRA to first complete the steps in this document, DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - New User Self-Enrollment and Access. When that person notifies you that this step is complete, the Project Admin will be able to add the newly added user to their JIRA project.
Project Admins May Assign User to a Role
- Open Project Configuration - On the far right of the top navigation bar is a "gear" icon. If you hover your cursor over it, the label will read Administration. Click on that icon and select Projects from the dropdown menu. Select the project in which you want to add a user.
- Open Project Roles - The Screen that appears next will have your project's name, key, name of lead, etc. Locate the section of the screen on the right called, "Roles" and click on the View Project Roles link.
- Access "Add user to a role" pop-up window - You will be lead to the Project settings screen which will display roles already in place: Project Lead. Click on the Add users to a role button on the right.
- Search by name or email - In the pop-up window, enter one of the below:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Group Email address (example: Team: ADI Support)
- Jira User Group (example: jira-administrators)
- UDDS number (example: udds-a0)
* Please contact JIRA Admins through the DoIT Help Desk at email@example.com if you need us to add one of the entities above.
- Click on the desired Role in the dropdown menu.
- Finally, click on the Add button to save your changes.