Learn@UW - Archive an Entire Course
Course components such as News, Quizzes, and Grades can be exported from your course as a .zip file. This will allow you to reuse Learn@UW components by importing them into another course offering or template at a later date.
Step-by-step Instructions1. In your course, click on Course Admin in the navigation bar, and then select Edit Course from the drop-down menu.
2. Under Site Resources, click on .
3. Select Export Components. Check the "Include course files in the export package" option and then select the button to continue.
4. To export all components, check the option Select All Components, then click Continue. Alternately, select the individual items components to export. You can also select the individual items within those components.
5. If you have chosen to select individual items to export, select the desired items, then click Continue.
6. The next page simply confirms to you the components you'd like to copy. Select the Continue button to confirm and begin the export process.
7. A spinning circle appears to the left of components which are being processed. When the component has been processed, a green checkmark appears. When all components are checked, select the "Finish" button to continue.
8. You will now be given the option to save the zip file which Learn@UW created. Select Click here to download the export Zip package link to start the download.
Make sure you save your course export file in more than one place. Also, consider that the zip file may contain sensitive information such as private student information. When possible, save the zip on a backed-up network drive which is accessible only to you.
*NOTE: If your course files are too large, you may receive the following error message when trying to export your course. If this occurs, you will need to export your course in pieces (e.g. Content and Dropbox Forms in one export, and Quizzes and Question Libraries in another export).