Learn@UW - Exporting Gradebook Data to an Excel .CSV File
All information from a gradebook, including the original point values, grade scheme symbols and 'out of' grades can be exported to a .CSV, or comma separated value, file. These files can be opened with a text reader, Microsoft Excel, and many other spreadsheet applications. The file can also be exported to a .CSV document that can be uploaded to Google Docs.
- Login to Learn@UW to access the course you wish to edit. In your course's navigation bar, click the Grades link.
- At the top of the Enter Grades tab, select the Export icon.
- The 'Export Grades' page will appear.
- By default, the 'Export Grade Items For' field is set to 'All users'. Leave it as set.
- Select "Both" under the "Key Field" heading to export all available information.
- Select the Grade Values you wish to export. Suggested are 'Points Grade' and 'Grade Scheme'.
- Select the 'User Details' you wish to retain.
- Select the Grade Items you wish to export. To select individual items, select the checkboxes to the left of each grade item. The background of the item will turn blue. To select all items, select the checkbox to the left, above the 'Grade Item' heading.
Make sure to choose the Final Grade, either Calculated, Adjusted, or both.
- Select the 'Export to CSV' button at the bottom of the page to export.
- A window will open, with a link to save the .CSV file to your computer. Select the link to download the file.
Notes on the export process
- Selectbox grade items will not export the label. Instead the lowest percentage in the scheme range is exported.