After you create your custom filter, you may add a Filter Results gadget to your dashboard. This gadget will show the output of your custom filter.
Please note: This procedure can be followed to add any other available gadget to your Dashboard.
1. Create a brand new Dashboard or open the existing dashboard to which you want to add your gadget.
2. Click on the Add gadget button on the top right corner of the target Dashboard.
3. Click on the "Load all Gadgets" link (in the "More gadgets available" box).
4. Scroll down to the "Filter Results" gadget and click on the Add gadget button.
5. The Filter Results filter will appear on your Dashboard. In the Saved Filter field, type the name of your filter. Continue updating the subsequent fields to further customize your gadget's output.
The image below shows the "HRS Dev Past Due" filter.