D2L - Downloading Student Dropbox Submissions (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
This document shows how to export Dropbox submissions from your course as a .zip file. This will allow you to save Dropbox files to a local or network drive for future use.
- Login to D2L and access your course. Select Assignments > Dropbox from your courses navigation bar.
- Select the dropbox folder you wish to process. You will be viewing the folder's document submissions so they can be downloaded all at once.
- Select the checkbox next to the dropbox items you wish to download. Then click the Download option (has a green arrow icon next to it).
- A window will open, with a progress bar indicating that D2L is working. After a few moments, a link will appear. Select the link to download a Zip archive of the files from your dropbox.
- Save the ZIP archive file to your computer. The file will need to be 'unzipped' to access the files inside of it.