Alternatives to Drinking / Parent Program
(608) 262-3977 -- Parent Program
1308 W. Dayton St, Suite 329
Madison, WI 53715
Hours Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m-5 p.m.
Many students choose not to drink and have great social lives because they
- Join one of 900+ student organizations and/or are involved in the Greek system.
- Attend events hosted in their residence halls.
- Go to late night non-alcoholic activities offered at the student unions -- such as live bands, movies, "Free Art Friday" at Wheelhouse Studio, dance classes, etc.
- Joining an intramural team or working out at our Rec facilities
- Volunteering or getting a job on campus or in the community.
- Go beyond campus and explore the many destinations in the Madison area, such as: visiting a restaurant on State Street, taking in a show at Overture, attending a concert at the Kohl Center/Alliant Energy Center, etc.
For information on what the UW-Madison campus is doing to change the drinking culture, contact Campus and Visitor Relations or the Parent Program.