Campus Tours at UW-Madison / Campus and Visitor Relations
http://info.wisc.edu/ -- Campus and Visitor Relations
http://admissions.wisc.edu/visitbucky -- Campus Tours
(608) 262-3961 -- Admissions/Tour Reservation Line (AUTOMATED)
(608) 263-2400 -- Campus and Visitor Relations
Office of Admissions and Recruitment
702 West Johnson Street, Suite 1101
Madison, WI 53715–1007
Admission Information Session and Walking Tour for Prospective Students
You can schedule your campus visit online 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Our campus visit web site provides complete information on our various campus visit options, including information sessions on admissions and different schools and colleges, campus walking tours, and recreation center tours. If you need additional information or would like to schedule your campus visit over the phone, please call 608-262-3318 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Prospective Students Tour
Our standard campus visit recommended for prospective students includes the 45-minute information session, presented by an admissions counselor, followed by a 100-minute campus walking tour led by a student tour guide. The Admission Information Session starts at 10:30 a.m. in Union South (check in at front desk) followed by a 75 minute Walking Tour. On 12:00 p.m. on Saturdays (and on Sundays when tours are offered) there will be a walking tour without an information session. Additional sessions may be offered as necessary during peak visit periods. Place your reservation at least two weeks in advance, as some programs fill up.
Admission session highlights include:
- Discussion about living on campus, including a visit to each of the residence hall neighborhoods, and information on campus dining options and resources available through University Housing.
- Information about various schools and colleges on campus, including the Wisconsin School of Business, College of Letters and Science, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, School of Education, College of Engineering, and School of Human Ecology.
- A visit to classrooms (lecture halls and discussion rooms), and information about academics on campus including personal anecdotes about specific classes, office hours, academic resources, and libraries.
- Information about recreation on campus including varsity, club, and intramural sports as well as the fitness facilities on campus.
- Tour guides also share their personal anecdotes regarding internships and research, student organizations, study abroad, and a wide variety of other experiences.
The Transfer Student Visit Day program takes place on select Fridays during the academic year. The day begins with a Transfer Admission Information Session beginning at 11:15 a.m. You can then choose to stay for various Academic Information Sessions and/or campus walking tour. Please check the website for upcoming visit days and reserve accordingly.
Campus Walking Tours for Visitors
Our student tour guides lead campus walking tours throughout the week. The 100-minute tours begin at 3 p.m. Monday-Friday and at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday (excluding university holidays, home football game Saturdays, and Sundays between November and February). Reservations are not required for these tours, which leave from Union South, 1308 W. Dayton Street.
Customized Group Campus Visits
Campus tours can be customized for groups of many ages and areas of interest including school groups, university staff and faculty, conference participants, alumni groups, foreign delegations, civic groups, and others. The group tour coordinator can recommend destinations, build a tour itinerary, and provide trained tour guides for your visit. Please visit the Campus and Visitor Relations website to complete the online visit request form. Once your request has been received, a member of the staff will contact you to set up your customized visit. Please schedule your visit several weeks in advance. For more information you may also call 608-265-9500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.