Madison Children's Museum
http://madisonchildrensmuseum.org/about/contact-us/ -- Link to Contact Form on Website
(608) 256-6445 -- Madison Children's Museum
School Year (Labor Day to Memorial Day)
Closed Mondays with the exception of MMSD school breaks -- December 30, 2019, and January 20, 2020.
Tuesday - Sunday: 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Sunday: 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.Please Note: The Art Studio and Rooftop Ramble close a half-hour before the rest of the museum closes.
Summer (Day after Memorial Day to Labor Day)
100 N. Hamilton St
Madison, WI 53703
The Madison Children’s Museum is an award-winning destination for fun family activities and hands-on learning! Visit their inventive city of Possible-opolis for ages 5 and up, and the four-season Rooftop Ramble, replete with animals and gardens. Run on the human-sized Gerbil Wheel, or take a green tour to see the reclaimed materials that have found new life.
There’s always something new to do at the Madison Children’s Museum, where their mission is to connect children with their families, their communities, and the world beyond through discovery learning and creative play.
- The Community Concourse, free to the public, will provide mini-exhibits and tantalizing previews of what’s inside.
- The Early Learning Gallery will nurture children’s first experiences in a global village designed for children under 5 and their adult caregivers.
- The Art Studio will encourage kids to create a masterpiece any day of the week.
- Orientation & Lunch Rooms will be a launch site for school groups as they visit the museum and the state Capitol.
- Possible-opolis will stir imaginations as a city in which art and science meet, and where anything can happen.
- The Rooftop Ramble, a four-season open roof and clubhouse, will serve as a four-season park in the sky.
- Free Family Night is held on the first Wednesday of most months, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Days in 2020 when the museum is closed: The museum will be closed on the following dates to observe holidays or other events.
- $9, adults and children
- $8, seniors and grandparents
- $1 per person, Family Access admission (for adults and children utilizing WIC, Head Start, free or reduced school lunch, Birth to 3, SSDI, foster care, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Unemployment Insurance, or most other public assistance programs).
- FREE for museum members and children under 1 year old
New Year’s Day: January 1, half day, open 12 – 5 p.m.
Winter Maintenance Week: January 6-10
Memorial Day: May 25
Independence Day: July 4
Labor Day: September 7
Fall Maintenance Weeks: September 8-18
Thanksgiving: November 26
Christmas Eve: December 24
Christmas Day: December 25Parking
Ample public parking can be found close to the museum, including:Capitol Square North Garage
at 218 W. Mifflin Street
The lot at N. Pinckney and East Dayton
streets**Visitors during the weekdays who park in the ramp at N. Pinckney and East Dayton streets are encouraged to use the discounted parking vouchers available at the front desk.