This article describes the instructions for installing and managing Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) at the CALS Ag Research Stations
All CALS computing devices require software to protect against antivirus and anti malware threats. Campus and remote sites will be using Cisco AMP.
Introduction to Cisco AMP: KB#90958
Staff at the ARS sites should manage the installation of Cisco AMP as well as keep track of their computing assets. Following the three steps on every computer will ensure the device is better protected.
- Obtain the installation files from your CALS IT staff. They will provide you with a link that contains these files.
- Instructions: KB#89512
2) Remove Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)
There are known issues when Cisco AMP and SEP are both installed on the same device. Uninstalling SEP should be done, if needed.
- Windows: Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features. Locate and highlight Symantec Endpoint Protection. Choose Uninstall from the top bar. Follow all prompts. A reboot is needed to finalize the installation.
- Mac: KB#37629
3) Track and Report Asset Information
When a threat is detected notifications will be sent out to CALS IT to investigate. It is critical that CALS IT is able to identify the location of the device.
- Required information for CALS IT:
- Site location
- Machine Name
- Serial Number
- User of device or purpose/location of the device
Obtaining Machine Name and Serial Number:
- Windows: Open a Command Prompt: KB#79030
- Use the following commands to obtain asset information. Command: hostname shows the Machine Name. Command: wmic bios get serialnumber shows the Serial Number.
- Mac: The machine name is shown by going to the Apple icon, System Preferences, Sharing. The serial number is show going to the Apple icon, About this Mac.
- Please send the machine information to CALS IT.