An overview an step-by-step guide to submitting grade changes electronically through the Faculty Center.
OverviewSubmit grade changes after grades have been posted by the Office of the Registrar.
Important note: You can only submit grade changes if you have 'Approve' grade submission capabilities. Some instructors only have 'Grade' capabilities; this does not allow grade changes. If grading access needs to be adjusted, contact your departmental timetable representative.
For assistance, email email@example.com or call (608) 262-3811.
- Login to MyUW, then select the Faculty Center tile.
- Main page will display your schedule for the current term. To view the schedule for a different term, click the Change Term button.
- For the student whose grade needs to be changed, click on the appropriate grade roster icon in which the student was enrolled.
A course can have one to three possible types of grade rosters:
- Posted Grade Roster (by grading section)
- Packaged Grade Roster
- XL-MW Grade Roster
- In the grade roster:
- Locate the correct student
- Click the green [REQUEST GRADE CHANGE] button (on far right of grade roster)
In the Grade Change Request page, complete the following fields:
Change Grade To - New grade for student
Tip: To see a list of valid grade entries, click on the magnifying glass, click [Look Up], and select the grade.
- Reason for Change - Appropriate selection from drop down list
Enter Date Completed
Warning: If the student is expected to graduate in the term the course was taken, it is vital that the 'date completed' is BEFORE the last day of that term.
Click [Submit to Academic Dean's Office] button
Note: The Dean's Office and Office of the Registrar will each review and process the grade change.
The grade change should appear on the student's record in 3-5 business days.
- Change Grade To - New grade for student
- Click the blue [Return] button.