These steps apply to Webex Meetings and Webex Events.
Only the host or an alternate host can record a meeting. All Webex accounts have access to record their sessions.If an alternate host records the meeting, the meeting host still receives and owns the recording after the meeting ends.
Recordings in the cloud are saved in MP4 format.
1. Below is the navigation bar with the recording button. This menu hides until you move your mouse near the bottom of the Webex session.
2. Once you select the recording button it will ask you to start the recording. Press Record.
3. Once the Record button is selected, an audio message is played saying, "This meeting is being recorded". In the upper right corner it states Recording in progress with a red record icon. The recording in progress words stay on only a few seconds, but the red record icon remains until recording is stopped.
You may start and stop the recording during the meeting by going back to the navigation bar and clicking on the record button.
Note - If you choose to stop the recording and start it back up during the same meeting, two or more separate recording files will be created. If you only want one recording then use the Pause button.
When the meeting is completed you can access your recordings at https://uwmadison.webex.com
1. Sign in to https://uwmadison.webex.com using your primary email for UW Madison.
2. Select Recordings from the left navigation bar and your recordings will appear as a list from most recent at the top to older recordings.
3. To download the recording file, click on the download icon.
4. To share an internet link to your recorded session, click the share icon and add emails of who should receive the recording.
5. You can decide to turn off public access at any time so the recording is no longer available from the link by clicking the blue slider for Public Link.
6. The last icon allows you to edit or delete the recording.