Wisconsin Identification Card / Division of Motor Vehicles
(608) 264-7447 --Division of Motor Vehicles (all other id card questions phone)
(608) 266-1069 -- ID card for voting phone
Hours Closed for all federal holidays; See locations below for hours
The state Division of Motor Vehicles issues ID cards which may be used for identification purposes in the same ways in which Driver's Licenses are used. Applicants for a Wisconsin I.D. card must provide:
- Proof of his/her name and date of birth through a certified birth certificate, passport, or naturalization papers (if not a US citizen, Federal I-151 or I-551 or Federal I94 are acceptable).
- Acceptable proof of personal identification (usually a document with a signature or photo).
- Proof of Wisconsin residency.
- Proof of US citizenship, legal permanent resident status, legal conditional resident status or legal temporary visitor status.
- Your social security number.
The cost of an ID card is $28 for an original or renewal. A duplicate ID card costs $16. ID cards can be obtained at any Division of Motor Vehicles Customer Service Center.
A free ID card is available under Wisconsin law to anyone who:
- will be at least 18 years of age on the date of the next election and;
- requests an ID card for the purpose of voting.
A free ID card is NOT available under certain circumstances (i.e., you already have a valid drivers license) -- please see < http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/drivers/apply/idcard.htm > for details.
For more information, call (608) 266-2353 or email email@example.com.Madison locations:
1) 4802 Sheboygan Ave: M-F 8:30 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
2) 2001 Bartillon Dr (off Kinsmann St): M-F 8:30 a.m.-4:45 p.m. Saturday 8:30a.m - 12p.m.
3) Westgate Mall (Whitney Way at Odana): T-F 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturday 8 a.m. - 4 pm.