Removing AP or Transfer Credits from Student Records

This section is directed to L&S undergraduate students who are interested in having AP and/or transfer credits removed from their official UW-Madison.

Transfer credit can be awarded at UW-Madison to any admitted student who has completed coursework at a college or university accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The unit responsible for reviewing and awarding credit for transfer work at UW-Madison is Credit Evaluation Services within the Office of the Registrar.    The general practice is that transfer credit will not be removed from a student's official records if requested.   It might be possible for students to get credits earned through examination such as Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) removed from their official UW-Madison records.   Students who have general questions about course equivalents and the credit evaluation process should contact the Office of the Registrar at:

Credit Evaluation Services

Credit Resources for Current UW-Madison Students


For assistance in getting transfer credits reevaluated, please refer to course reevaluation request.