This document describes activating MATLAB offline as a workaround for users experiencing error 337 when attempting to activate their MATLAB license.
**NOTE** - This document is for users receiving error message 337 when attempting to activate MATLAB. For users experiencing other activation issues, see Campus Software Library - Running the Matlab Activation Client.
1. Select Use a File Installation Key and click next.
2. Accept the License Agreement.
3. Select I have the File Installation Key for my license. The Key for the respective version of MATLAB can be found in the Campus Software Library under the MATLAB download page.
4. Select an installation location.
5. Select which items you want included in the installation.
6. Select which, if any, shortcuts you want created.
7. Once the installation is complete, select the option to Activate MATLAB and click Next.
Activating MATLAB Offline
1. Select Activate manually without the Internet.
2. Select I do not have a license file. Help me with the next steps.
3. Make note of your Host ID, Release Version, and Computer Login Name information on this screen. Then navigate to the MathWorks license center.
4. You will be prompted to sign in with your MathWorks account. The account must use your @wisc.edu email. If you do not have an account with your Wisconsin email address, you will need to create one.
4. In the license center, click on the academic license.
5. Select the Install and Activate tab. Then select Activate to Retrieve License File from the right hand menu.
6. Fill in the information with what was noted in step 3. The activation label is a custom creation by the user.
7. Select Yes when asked if the software is installed.
8. Select Download License File. It is recommended to keep the license file in the same folder as your MATLAB installation.
9. Back in the MATLAB installer, click on back. Then select Enter the full path to your license file, including the file name. Enter the file path to the license file downloaded in step 8, then click next.
10. Click Finish to complete the activation