The following document outlines some troubleshooting tips for content that is loading slowly on your WiscWeb site.
In most cases, the WiscWeb team will need to learn more about your site before issues with slow loading pages and posts can be addressed.
The following information is extremely helpful in troubleshooting these cases. We request that you please send us the following (in a single email) when submitting an issue report for slowness on your site:
Screenshot of Developer Tools in Browser
If possible, Google Chrome should be used for this task
- Navigate to a page that is loading slowly
- Right click anywhere on the page
- Choose Inspect
- Select the Network tab
- Refresh the page
- Take a screenshot of the results on the page
- Attach it to the email
IP Address of the Computer
- Navigate to Google
- In the search bar, type in "What's my IP"
- Copy the result and paste it into the email
- Navigate to http://webpagetest.org/
- In the search, type in the full web address for your site (starting with https://)
- Select Start Search
- Wait while the results are being updated
- Copy the link in the browser's address bar and paste it into the email
ContactOnce you have this information ready, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to open a new case with our team.