Health Sciences and Minimal Risk IRBs, IRB News/Volume 12, Number 2, February 2020
Important ARROW Improvement: Self-Service Personnel Update
On February 29th, ARROW will be updated to replace the current personnel change process with a self-service personnel update function. This will provide study teams will more flexibility when updating personnel and allow for these updates to be made more quickly. Highlights of the new self-service activity include:
- Personnel updates will now work the same across all application and project types (e.g., exemptions, ceded, regular, etc.)
- Study teams will receive an approval notification with each personnel update
- Remove personnel and granting edit access will also now be available as part of the personnel update
For more information about this new functionality, please see the following help document:
If you have any questions about these or other ARROW changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revised Guidance on Editorial Changes to Subject-Facing Materials
We have guidance on when editorial changes to existing study materials would not require a change of protocol. We recently expanding this guidance to include some additional subject-facing materials like surveys in addition to recruitment materials.
Next IRB Workshop
The next session of the “Common Rule and IRB Submission Overview” workshop is now open for registration:
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
1335 Health Sciences Learning Center (HSLC)
Link to register: https://go.wisc.edu/cc9r3s
Study Closure Reminders
A reminder that study teams should close their studies when completed rather than just allowing IRB approval to lapse or time out in ARROW. Some tips to keep in mind:
- Our study closure guidance can be found here.
- Only one completion or closure report needs to be submitted per study.
- Our office processes these reports every few days. If you need a closure report processed more quickly, please contact Rob Whitehead for assistance.
- Closure reports also should be submitted for studies ceded to an external IRB, commercial, NCI, or otherwise.