Ice Skating (Public, Indoor) in Madison / Madison Ice Online
Madison Ice Arena
725 Forward Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Phone (608) 204-7606
Hartmeyer Ice Arena
1834 Commercial Avenue
Madison, WI 53704
Phone (608) 442-0071
Capitol Ice Arena
2616 N Pleasant View Rd.
Middleton, WI 53562
Phone (608) 836-0202
Madison Ice Arena and Hartmeyer Ice Arena are owned and operated by a non-profit skating organization, Madison Ice, Inc.
Public skate offered at both locations:
- Adult $5
- Student/Youth/Senior Citizen $3
- Skate Rental $3
- Teddy Bear Class (2-4 years old): This class introduces skating with toys, music & games. Parents wear shoes. (carpet runner on the ice)
- Snowplow Sam 1,2,3 (4-6 years old): New skaters start in Snowplow Sam 1. Learn the basics in a fun, small class!
- Basic 1-6 (6-14 years old): Teaches a variety of basic skating skills, proper techniques, and safety.
- Adult Beginner 1,2,3 and Advanced 4,5,6 (ages 13+): For skaters who want to learn to skate or advance their skills.
- Hockey Skating Skills 1-4 (ages 4+): Basic skills track for skaters primarily interested in developing skills for hockey. Skaters must pass Snowplow 1 & 2 or Basic 1 first. Sticks and pucks will not be used.
- Advanced Figure Skating Skills (ages 6+): Pre Free Skate- For skater who have passed Basic 6, to develop figure skating skills. Free Skate 1: For skaters who have passed Pre Free Skate and are interested in developing figure skating skills. Advanced Free Skate: For skaters who have passed Free Skate 1 and are interested in refining/developing advanced figure skating skills. Skills from all US Figure Skating Free Skate levels will be taught as part of this combined class.
- Power Hockey: 60 minute class that offers more intense training for hockey players who want to improve their skating. Open to skaters age 7+ who have at least 1 year of hockey team experience. Adults are also welcome
- LTS Express: For skaters who have passed Basic 3 interested in learning and further developing figure skating skills. This class is 60 minutes long. Will focus on proper jump and spinning technique, quality skating skills and introduction to a harness.
- Art of the Edge: Supplementary class for figure skaters who have passed Basic 6 that would like to develop stronger edges, extension, and presentation.
- Jumps and Spins: For skaters in Basic 4 and above who show a love for figure skating and a desire to learn new skating elements. We will focus on teaching skaters the basics of jumps, jump rotation and spins.
- Competition Prep Class: Skaters will learn a choreographed program to music that can be skated at a US Figure Skating sanctioned Basic Skills competition.
- Intro to Synchronized Skating: For skaters in Basic 4 and up who are interested in skating with a team. Skaters will learn the basic formations for Synchro (line, pinwheel, circle, block and intersection), as well as work on footwork, power, and flow. For skaters interested in trying out for the Madison Ice Diamond Synchronized Skating Teams.
- Figure Skating Power: For skaters in Pre-Free Skate and up who would like to improve their edge use, power, and stamina. Offered during summers only.