OverviewIn circumstances where departments may need to initiate section changes for multiple students representing a portion of their total enrollment, section changes may be submitted using the Class Roster.
Changes submitted after the end of the fourth week of classes and/or requesting changes for the majority or entirety of a class roster may require additional justification, review and approval by the school/college Dean’s Office.
How to submit the Class Roster for section changes
Use the Download Grid feature on the class roster page.
Do not sort the spreadsheet after you have downloaded it.
- Add a column with the header ‘Change To’ at the end of the document.
- Locate the name of the student requesting the section change.
- Include the section(s) to be changed to and the five digit class number(s) of the new section(s).
Save the document with these changes and give it a file name that includes the subject area, course number, and term.
If this is a modular course or when submitting section changes for summer terms, please incorporate the session code into the document title as well.
Attach the saved document to an e-mail and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our office will process the section changes indicated.
Always use the graded section of the course. This section reflects the number of credits a student is enrolled for and whether the student is enrolled for honors credit.
It is critical that we have this information so that section changes can be processed accurately.
- When submitting section changes for combined section rosters, please indicate the five-digit class number of the correct department section change (the department that the student is enrolled under).
- When a section change also involves a Credit change or Honors credit, a Course Change Request changing credits or adding or deleting honors credit must be submitted by the student.
- Do not ‘add’ or ‘delete’ students from the printed class roster. These types of changes must be done by the student via Course Search & Enroll or using the Course Change Request.
- Class capacity, requisites and consent of instructor will be overridden when processing section changes via rosters. Please make sure the student is eligible for the section before making section changes.
- Section changes made via Course Change Requests with departmental approval take precedence over section changes made via class rosters.