We suggest recording your video with the Camera app separately first before using KMS Go to upload your video to Kaltura MediaSpace. Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi before uploading your video as it will use a lot of data. Keep your videos relatively short: ~4-6 minutes. You can record video from inside KMS Go as described in step 3 by using KMS Go to launch the Camera app as well.
Instructors new to video creation may find the Video Guidelines article from the Blended Learning Toolkit useful. If you haven't installed KMS Go see Kaltura - Installing and configuring Kaltura MediaSpace Go (KMS Go) app for mobile devices . To upload a video from your mobile device to UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace using KMS Go:
- Launch KMS Go by tapping the app icon:
- Tap the Upload button in the lower left:
- Tap Video (or Audio or Image if that's what you're uploading):
- Tap the app you want to upload your media from. In this case I'm selecting a video I recorded with the Camera app previoulsy that is stored in Photos. You could also record a new video by tapping Camera. Your mobile device may prompt you to allow KMS Go to access the device's pictures or camera. If you are selecting a video from an app, browse to find the video you want to upload:
- The video will load in KMS Go. You can tap on and drag the in and out point if you recorded something near the start or end that you don't want to be included in the upload.
- Tap Next.
- Enter a descriptive title for your video.
- Tap Upload:
- Read the disclaimer. The formatting does not look the way it does on a browser at Kaltura MediaSpace - Kaltura is aware of the issue. If you agree tap I agree to the above terms and conditions. More information on the disclaimer is available in Kaltura - Information on storage, acceptable use, copyright, accessibility, and harassment policies as well as applicable state, local, and federal laws and regulations .
- My Media will display with an icon showing your in progress upload.
- Once the video has upload a message will display: "Video title" was uploaded successfully. Wold you like to Publish now? If you tap Yes you can edit the:
- Title: The name of your video that will display to viewers.
- Description: Text about your video that will display below your video.
- Publish Settings: You can leave this set to "Private" if you plan to embed this video in your Canvas course by following Canvas - Upload and embed a new Kaltura Mediaspace video in a Canvas page . More information on publishing settings is available in Kaltura - How to change publication settings to media Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Tags: Set a unique tag to help you find a group of media. For example you could use a unique tag for a course like Anthro109SP2020InstructorName.
- Usage Rights: If you're familiar with Creative Commons you can select a Creative Commons license.
- When you are done tap UPDATE in the upper right.
- If you want to embed your video in a Canvas course, launch Chrome or Firefox (ideally on a desktop) and follow Canvas - Upload and embed a new Kaltura Mediaspace video in a Canvas page .