How to schedule a MS Teams using the calendar. The calendar is the campus O365 calendar which Law access via Outlook.
In Microsoft teams
- Click the calendar icon on the navigation menu
- On the top right there will be options for creating a meeting. Click on it.
- Type in the date/time information
- Add invitees -- there must be at least one to get the Join link. If you're inviting a @wisc.edu user, the name should be able to be found from the UW directory. Otherwise, you can invite anyone via their email address.
- Optional: As long as the meeting has one invitee, there will be a Join link created in the description of the calendar event. It's accessible either via Teams / calendar Navigation or via your O365 calendar (usually accessed via Outlook). This join link can be copy / pasted into email and sent to a wider list of individuals.
NOTE: Those joining from the web may need to be approved to be let into the meeting -- you'll receive a popup as needed to approve them.
To create a link that external people can join with where you do NOT have a current email address you can invite a firstname.lastname@example.org email address that you use (@gmail.com for example) and copy the link that is emailed to you and send it to a list or share it in another way.
In the Desktop/Laptop versions of MS Teams, there is also a "Meet Now" button. This creates the meeting immedaitely, and when you click on the attendees button on the navigation bar (icon is a person on person), you'll have immediate access to the share link to email.
Alternatively, you can simply create a meeting that starts at the current time to achieve a similar "meet now" result. Use the attendees icon to invite people or retrieve the share link.