Resident Honorary Appointment - University IT Resources
Residents now have honorary staff appointments at UW-Madison. This provides residents with access to certain university resources. No one has been able to give me a definitive answer regarding what resources this gives you access to, but I think it's at least "most" of them. I believe the information below to be accurate, but if you find out otherwise, please let me know so I can update it.
- Wiscard - UW-Madison photo ID. I'm not certain resident's can get one with their honorary appointment, but I think so. A Wiscard may be necessary to take advantage of some campus resources.
- NetID - If you don't already have a NetID, you will need to activate your's in order to access many university resources. Activation instructions can be found here.
- Campus Knowledge Base - Knowledge base with information about campus services.
- Office 365* - Microsoft's online apps. In addition to email and calendaring, you can download Microsoft Office for use on personal machines. Instructions for installing Office on your own machine can be found at kb.wisc.edu/office.
- Campus Software Library - Software licensed for all University employees/students. Some software is licensed for use only on university owned computers.
- G Suite (Formerly Google Apps)† - Google's online apps. Unlimited Google Drive storage.
- Box† - Unlimited storage
- Antivirus Software - Free installation on personal machines.
- Online Training (Lynda.com) - Free online training courses for various computer subjects.
DoIT TechStore- The DoIT Tech Store has ceased operations. Lots of vendors offer student/academic discounts you can get using your @wisc.edu address.
- DoIT Help Desk - Provide IT support for university IT services as well as your personal computer**.