Topics Map > Users
Topics Map > Supervisors
PDS Online - How do I add an external training? What is an external training?
NOTE: Please call us if you don't have permission to do this. You must have the "External Training - Add" security point to view this option.
An external training is any training that you attended for credit towards your certification or licensing that is not already in PDS Online. If the training were in PDS Online already, you would simply request that training. If the training is not in PDS Online, but you want to keep track of your attendance, follow the steps below.
- Log in to PDS online.
- View your transcript: PDS Online - How do I view my transcript?. Managers can view others' transcripts by following these steps: Supervisors/Managers - How to View a Transcript
- In the upper right corner of your transcript, you will select the drop down to the right of the Options button. If you have necessary permission to add an external training you will see an option saying Add External Training. Select that option.
- Clicking the Add External Training link opens the Add External Training pop-up.
- Enter the Training Title (including the start date in the title is useful for viewing later), the Description, the Provider/Institution, the training start date (From) and end date (To), and the number of Actual Training Hours Earned.
- Click Submit.
- You will be taken to the Active tab of the user's transcript where you will see the training you just added. The training has not yet been marked as completed, so a manager will need to do that.
- The manager will navigate to your transcript, find the training, and click the red Mark Complete button.
- If you do not see the "Mark Complete" button, then you can click on the training title to get to the training details page. From the training details page, you will have the option to Mark Complete.