PDS Online - Pre-Placement
- Follow this link to find the videos: https://wcwpds.wisc.edu/Pre-Placement.htm
This link can also be found by going to https://wcwpds.wisc.edu/ and selecting the menu options for Foster Care Training and Pre-Placement.
- Download the Foster Parent Notepad which is available in the left-side sidebar from that website, and print that document out (one copy for each foster parent).
- Click on each video in turn and watch it. Be sure to record your answers to the Foster Parent Notepad questions while you're watching.
- At the end of each video will be a knowledge check. Answering all of the questions correctly will take you to the screne in the picture below. If you want to notify your worker that you have completed this video or if you want to print a certificate for your records, click the Click to email and print a certificate of completion.
- You should receive a pop-up asking for your name as you want it to appear on the printed certificate. Enter a name and click OK.
- On the next page, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and have the option to email your worker and/or print a certificate. Neither action is mandatory. Completing the Foster Parent Notepad and discussing your questions with your worker is the true proof that you've completed the pre-placement videos.
- Once you have an active foster parent license, you will get a PDS Online account created for you (your worker will have your username and password, and more information is available in the help documents at the bottom of this page - click on the link for "County/Tribes" or whatever is appropriate for you: https://uwm.edu/mcwp/statewide-fapt-calendar/)
- After the account is created for you, you or your licensing worker will be able to record that you've completed pre-placement by recording it as an External Training on your PDS Online transcript. Follow these instructions: PDS Online - How do I add an external training? What is an external training?