SoP Food & Events Policy
The purpose of this policy is to delineate the times and locations in Rennebohm Hall where food can be served and consumed, how rooms should be cleaned afterwards and how to properly dispose of trash.
- Eating in 2002 and 2006 is not permitted at any time.
- Eating is not permitted in classrooms during instructional time.
- Eating is allowed in classrooms when class is not in session and during business meetings/other events.
- Individuals and groups (i.e., student organizations, committees, etc.) are
responsible for ensuring the room is cleaned up after eating. All trash and
food waste must be properly disposed of.
- Cleaning supplies are available on the kitchen counter in the corner of
- When serving food during a meeting in the building, all food waste must
be disposed of in available trash receptacles, and tables wiped down. Large
trash receptacles are available in Room 1101 near the elevators on the first
floor and in the atrium on the second floor.
- If trash generated will not fit into available containers, it must be
disposed of in the dumpster located near the loading dock (Room 1441). Food
waste, including pizza boxes, cannot be left in hallways or outside of trash
- Contact Josh Cutler to arrange for trash removal by custodial staff if
you plan on holding an event that will include food in the building.
- Failure to properly clean up and/or remove trash may result in
individuals or groups losing access to spaces for future events.
- Moving SoP furniture outdoors is prohibited. Hosting an activity
outdoors requires advance planning (2 weeks minimum).
- To inquire about securing resources for outdoor activities, contact Josh
Cutler, Director of Facilities, at firstname.lastname@example.org.