Kaltura Professional captioning request (for McBurney Students)
How to add professional captioning to videos.
There are two kinds of closed captioning options:
- Professional captioning - for McBurney Accommodations - There is a fee associated with this request type (check with IIT before using this type)
- Machine captioning - for any videos. See instructions here: https://kb.wisc.edu/92764
You need to be able access the Action edit features of the Video. You can access from Kaltura (media.wisc.edu)
- Find your video in My Media, and click on the title.
- Slightly below the video on right side, click on ACTION and select +Caption & Enrich
- Under Order Caption & Enrichment, select McBurney Center and 24 or 48 hr for Turnaround Time.
- McBurney Captioning will automatically be activated when they are finished. You do not need to go in and activate like you do on Machine Captioning.