Checking notification settings in Canvas
Checking the notifications in Canvas.
How to check my Canvas notification preferences as a student?
The School of Pharmacy faculty will use the Announcements in Canvas courses to communicate with their students. We use this tool because it keeps a copy of the message in Canvas to be able to refer back to. Please do not turn off notifications or you will likely miss important messages.
Set Notification Preferences
Each notification is set to a default preference. To change a notification for a contact method, locate the notification and click the icon for your preferred delivery type.
- To receive a notification right away, click the Checkmark icon . These notifications may be delayed by up to one hour in case an instructor makes additional changes, which prevents you from being spammed by multiple notifications in a short amount of time.
- To receive a daily notification, click the Clock icon .
- To receive a weekly notification, click the Calendar icon . The date and time of your weekly notifications are posted at the bottom of the notifications page.
If you do not want to receive a notification, click the Remove icon .Do NOT turn off, you will miss important information.
- Unsupported notification types display the Unsupported icon . Unsupported notification types cannot be enabled.
- Each set notification preference will automatically apply to all of your courses. However, if you manage notification preferences for a single course, notifications for that course must continue to be managed in the course.
- Twitter and SMS notification preferences do not support daily summary or weekly summary options.
- Unregistered contact methods will appear in notification preferences but will not receive notifications until you confirm the registration.