SOP's preferred method of recording audio for online presentations.
If this is the first time you are recording this way, please record one slide and check the play back quality or send us a one slide sample so we can verify the audio quality from your device. (Occasionally there is distortion from the laptop mics and we could propose alternatives.)
To record from Powerpoint:
- PLEASE make sure your file is saved as a pptx! Go to File, Save As. Scroll up to the top of the list and find PowerPoint Presentation (.pptx).
Option 1 - record slide show (record as if you were naturally presenting your presentation.
- Select Record Slide Show from the Slide show menu
Record your presentation. Each time you forward to the next slide it will create a recording for each slide.
- Should see a little speaker icon on each page, and playback bar if hovered over.
- You can play and review any of the slides by clicking on the icon on the page. (if you want to redo, please delete the existing icon before re-recording)
- Upload PowerPoint presentation to Box (uwmadison.box.com) in a folder and share with Amy Childs and/or Michael Pitterle, or in a folder IIT has setup for your course.
Option 2 - record each slide individually
- Go to the Insert Ribbon, Audio drop down and select Record audio.
- Click the record button (red circle) and click the blue stop button when finished. You may play back (green arrow) or start over the recording (red circle). Click ok button when you are satisfied with the recording.
- Should see a little speaker icon on page, and playback bar if hovered over.
- Repeat Steps 2-4 for each slide.
- Save frequently.
- When finished recording, go to File, Export.
- Create a Video. (we've been using Full HD (1080p)
- Click Create Video. Save As will pop-up, note location saving for step 4. Click Save.
- Directions to Upload to Video into Canvas Course https://kb.wisc.edu/pharmacy/116726