Lecture hall PowerPoint presentation screen mode
How to use the window's setting to utilize presentation mode in Powerpoint.
Do these steps before starting your presentation! (PowerPoint can be open, just don't start presentation)
To use PowerPoint Presentation mode (left is what projects, right is what is on desktop screen):
- Click Windows - P, the icon + letter "p". A menu should pop up along right side of screen.
- Select Extend.
- Start presentation.
- If you would like to be able to use the built-in laser pointer in the Presentation Mode, click on the pen like tool.
- Options are: Laser Pointer, Pen, or Highlighter, choose and use the mouse to maneuver on the presenter side of screen and will show on projector.
To Go back to Duplicate screen mode (probably better mode if using videos or web during lecture).
- Click the Windows - P, icon + letter "p". A menu should pop up along right side of screen.
- Select Duplicate
- Start presentation or browse web etc.