Topics Map > Student Records
DARS/Faculty&Staff - DARS Data Visualizations
Outlines how to access and tips for using the DARS data visualizations in Tableau.
Faculty, staff, and advisors who have permissions to use Advising Gateway may log into DARS by following these steps:
The Degree Audit: Requirement Completion workbook provides information regarding the completion status of curricular requirements according to the Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS). Data is refreshed nightly and represents a student's progress toward each of their declared plans as of 5 p.m. the day before. Students declared in plans that are not set up in DARS (e.g. "Intended" majors) are not included in this workbook.
Caution: This workbook should not be used during the Final Grading Period.
1. Navigate from left to right
2. Use the filters!
- Filters are displayed on the left side of each tab.
- The filters on the top section represent student data pulled from InfoAccess:
- Each student is associated with just one Max Enrolled Term but may be associated with more than one Plan School/College, Plan, and/or Subplan.
- The filters on the bottom section represent student data pulled from DARS:
- DARS assumes successful completion of in-progress and future-enrolled courses.
3. You can access a student's DARS report
Clicking on a student's name on the (2) Completion Status by Student tab will open DARS Web in a new tab in the browser and automatically pull up the plans for the selected student. This may be useful when trying to determine if a recent enrollment change not yet reflected in the data (e.g. a change made after 5 p.m. the previous day) has impacted the student's degree audit.
4. Explore the Data Exporter tab for more information
The (3) Data Exporter tab provides additional data elements not available in the first two tabs, including:
- Student Campus ID
- Student Email Address
- Student Matriculation Term
- Student Academic Level
- Student FERPA Flag
- Degree Requirement First Catalog Year and Term
- Degree Requirement Catalog Year and Term
- Degree Requirement Completed Sub-reqs
- Degree Requirement Needs Sub-reqs
- Degree Requirement Earned + In Progress Course Count
- Degree Requirement Needs Course Count
- Degree Requirement Earned + In Progress Credits
- Degree Requirement Needs Credits
- Degree Requirement Earned GPA
- Degree Requirement Needs GPA
- Degree Sub-requirement Earned + In Progress Course Count
- Degree Sub-requirement Needs Course Count
- Degree Sub-requirement Earned + In Progress Credits
- Degree Sub-requirement Needs Credits
- Degree Sub-requirement Earned GPA
- Degree Sub-requirement Needs GPA